Imperial Beach

Imperial Beach

May 20, 2007

Race for the Cure

My mom and I did the 5K Race for the Cure last Saturday together. It was such a fun day, thousands of people were there and everyone had a paper on their backs with people they were running for who have survived breast cancer, or in memory of someone who has passed away because of it. I was amazed at how many people are affected. At the finish line they were giving medals to survivors who ran the race. It was such a great day! (Oh, and Heidi, the slideshow thing is just through photobucket.com . You upload your pictures into your photobucket account and then you can do whatever you want with them. I'm obviously still figuring it out since it came up twice! Oops!)

1 comment:

Brynn said...

GOOD FOR YOU TO RACE FOR THE CURE! My fam does that every year...my mom's sister died from cancer when she was 34 (I think it was 34) and so it's been tradition. It's neat that it's done all over the world actually. When Brian and I were in Italy, a girl we met had done Race for the Cure in Rome. One day, they'll find a way to beat it!