Imperial Beach

Imperial Beach

September 27, 2007

Lunch Time

So I haven't been feeling 100% lately...let's say I haven't even been feeling 50%...well, the other day was REALLY ROUGH for me. We actually had a good morning. I got Justin out of the house and we decided to walk to the Light Rail Station to watch the trains go by. It probably takes a "normal" person 5-8 min. to walk to the Light Rail from our house...I think about an hour and a half later we got home. Jeff had the car, with the stroller in the trunk of the car, so obviously Justin held my hand the entire way. Now that was fine because once we got there a train showed up and it made it all worth it! Justin LOVED seeing the trains come and go. We sat through a few trains, looking at all the strange people who ride the light rail, (it's about 15 min. in between trains) and finally decided to make the walk back home. By this time it was lunch...I was pretty much done for the day at this point...got Justin some lunch and closed my eyes on the couch. About every two or three min. I'd squint open my eyes to make sure my son was still alive, which he always was, except for this last time I opened my eyes I saw THIS...













I guess I wore him out too and he just couldn't quite make it to bed...

I'm pretty sure he'd only been like this for a couple of min. but he didn't even blink during the pictures, and then I washed his face and hands with a wet wash cloth!! Even after all this, I put him in his crib and closed the door...still asleep! Note to self...walks where the kid actually walks=lots of energy spent=hungry for lunch=tired for naps=HAPPY MOMMY!

6 comments:

Megan said...

Oh I love that. Those were great pics. And that's even better that he didn't wake up when you put him in bed! Ahh peacefullness.

Loved the beach pics and the tie is so cute!

Brynn said...

Ha ha that is awesome!!!

Stacie said...

hurray! that only happened once to me with hannah...i was shocked to see her asleep in her highchair with food all over her face, sound asleep.

sorry you're feeling so crappy....and to think, there are women who do this like 8-12 times!!!

Kristin said...

Okay, seriously, the day that it would actually happen at my house. I think I would drop dead!!! We may have to do some walking!

HeidiAnn said...

That is so cute! I am still giggling to myself. How cute. Miss you!

scannie said...

Oh my gosh this is sooo funny! What a good mom to take hime to the train station when you weren't feeling well! I'll have to try the no stroller thing :)