Imperial Beach

Imperial Beach

September 17, 2007

Strawberry Jam

Justin and I made Strawberry Jam together this week. It turned out great thanks to Sure Jell...and of course my little jam maker.
First, he helped me put the strawberries into the blender...

Then once the strawberries were blended, he helped me put 4 cups of sugar into the strawberries...
And now for the part I think he liked best...stirring the sugar "round and round"
It was a fun (and extra long) experience for both of us! Now, lucky me, he wants to help with EVERYTHING I make in the kitchen. We made zucchini bread later on in the week and I gave him his own bowl and spoon and "ingredients"(other plastic utensils), he went to town saying "I meeking" while he made up his own pretend stuff. He has quite the imagination!

3 comments:

HeidiAnn said...

You are such a good MOM!!! Seeing all the cute stuff you are doing with Justin made me miss you. He is so darn lucky!

Kristin said...

You are so great...and SO BRAVE to have a little helper doing strawberries!! What fun for Justin!

sherrie said...

YUM! i love homemade strawberry jam.