Imperial Beach

Imperial Beach

October 26, 2007

The Saga continues...

So I've finally come to the conclusion that it's not the "class" that I teach that has a problem and makes my life hard all day long...it's me.
I am just NOT cut out to be a junior high teacher...in fact, I'm probably the WORST jr. high teacher I've ever met. All I can say is it's a good thing that I was an elementary teacher.

Today some of the kids in my first period class asked me, "Mrs. Capell, how much experience do you have in Jr. High and how much did you teach elementary school?"


Is it really that obvious???

I clearly treat all students no matter what grade they are in, just like 4th graders...maybe I need to take a day and observe what a REAL Jr. High teacher does...that might be helpful. In the meantime, everyone will be referred to as "Boys and girls..." and we will continue to clap for those who willingly participate in being happy helpers!!

5 comments:

Kristin said...

And the reason why you are not subbing in the elementary school would be.....

I'm sure you are great...It will just take some getting used to!

The Salazar Family said...

That's so funny - I would probably be doing the same thing, only treating them like 2nd graders! Just think, this all makes for some really good stories, right? =)

HeidiAnn said...

That made me laugh so hard. I can TOTALLY see you making JH kids clap for being happy helpers. It makes me remember when you were a Sunday School teacher! You are the best!

Anderson annotations said...

I loved your story and I think that you would be the funnest teacher ever!! Just keep that in mind. They are lucky to have you. Great Blog!

sherrie said...

teaching jr. high must be a challenge! just teaching young womens was a task for me...stick in there i know you're a great teacher for those kids.