Imperial Beach

Imperial Beach

October 12, 2007

Will this day EVER END??

Ok....so I'm substituting now one day a week (Fridays) and today is my second official job. HURRAY!! I'm making MONEY!!! That's the good....the ONLY good.

Now for the bad...

I seriously could THROW 3/4 of these kids off the side of a huge mountain today! Last Friday I subbed at a really rough school with no white kids...and pretty much saw it all in one day. They were 7th graders and I did math (not such a hard day after all). During the day I thought to myself, "I wonder what an English teacher does all day in jr. high?" Well, today that was answered as my 2nd offical job is 8th grade Lang. Arts. My first three periods went ok...I thought I could handle anything after the 7th graders at my last job flat out told me they wanted to be drug dealers in NYC when they grow up....

Well today, 4th period was it for me! I have decided that I LOVE ELEMENTARY SCHOOL! I don't know why I always get the leftover crappy jobs like 8th grade Lang. Arts where I have to teach simple predicates and complete predicates...why don't they just call them VERBS...that's what it is...

Anyways, it's lunch time, I'm pregnant and it's raining...really hard.

two more hours...two more hours...two more hours...$135...$135...$135

5 comments:

Kristin said...

She-you make me laugh. I had to sub yesterday too, but I had the luxary of 2nd graders...a little too young for me, but way better than 8th graders!!!

Stacie said...

jr. high? not thank you! it takes a special kind of person to handle that age....especially the kind you are talking about. but hey, $135! not too bad.

Justin & Kamie said...

Money is always nice! Now buy a new pair of shoes!

I agree with you. I don't know how people teach junior high....what a weird time of life. Glad I was never that age :)

HeidiAnn said...

You are so brave! Sounds scary! Sheila, I am so sorry that I haven't called you back yet. It's been nutso around here. I will though . .. I will. Today I am starting a new job cleaning the LDS institute 3 days a week, so maybe by Thurs I'll have to time to call ya! I love you!

Megan said...

I don't know how teachers do it. I would hate being a teacher!! You've got to have much more patience and creativity than I have. Hang in there. :)