Imperial Beach

Imperial Beach

February 25, 2008

ahhh, sleeping



Thanks Angela for this CUTE outfit, we love it!! You're the best.

I LOVE sleeping babies!! And I REALLY love BOTH my babies sleeping at the same time. It's been rare to get them both down for a nap together, and today was no different than most days...

Step 1: Get Justin IN his bed (lately kicking and screaming) sing a song and say prayers by 1pm if it's a good day.

Step 2: Feed Jordan...on average it's been taking me about 45 min. to feed this kid...he's a gulper so he has to burp about 50 times per feeding per side and with a diaper change included (as it always is) I'm lucky to get it done under an hour.

Step 3: Wake time with Jordan which is not much still because this kid loves to sleep (except at 2:30 am when he's totally ready to play with mommy).

Step 4: Get Jordan in his crib and sleeping...which brings us to 2:30

Step 5: Finally lay down and close my eyes to try and make up for the 2:30 am play time with Jordan. Once I have relaxed, that's right, I hear it...the dreaded noise that makes every nerve cringe. The noise that used to happen at 3:30 every day...my precious 2 1/2 year boy has wakened from his way too short nap. Only this week things have been different....



This week Justin has decided that he is a FREE boy and that he can do whatever he want, whenever he wants. This includes bedtime, naptime, middle of the night...basically every time that I want him IN his room sleeping, he's decided not to be doing that. So we've decided since we don't have locks on our doors here, we're keeping Justin IN his room no matter what.

So today, just when I got Jordan to sleep and Justin was waking up, it was no problem...I just closed my door and closed my eyes...Justin played quietly by himself for an hour and then when I came in to get him and play with him he was a happy little boy in such a great mood with a happy mommy.

I love being a mom!

15 comments:

Justin & Kamie said...

I can't get over how much hair Jordan has!

So cute....
and, I laughed at your napping solution...hey, if it works it works!

sherrie said...

jordan has great hair! what a little stud.

Stacie said...

i agree, that little guy has awsome hair! I would be tempted to put a bow in it. i hear you got called for those apartments...happy for you guys, sad for me.

and the napping solution, way to get creative!! It is SOOOOO worth it!!!!

Brynn said...

Awesome! Joseph will still take a nap, but tkaes such short ones (1 hour!) if he's by himself. If he snuggles next to me on the couch or in my bed he'll sleep for 3 hours. I'm just going to have to have him take naps with me on one side of me and feed the baby on the other side...?

Bryan and Ashley said...

Jordan is soo cute! I love his full head of hair!!! And I love your stories! :)

Megan said...

I love that solution...was that an electical cord? Awesome. When we lived at my mom's Ian and I slept in the same room with the girls and we used to barricade ourselves inside with the dresser over the door so the girls wouldn't get out and wake up my mom. You do what works!! I'm glad you've found a way to get some rest!

Paul and Emily said...

Very clever door tactic! LOL

What a cute baby boy! I love sleeping babies too! So sweet! And WOW! What a head of hair!!! Did Justin have just as much hair when he was born?! I may have to give you haircutting lessons!

Glad your getting more rest that you need! You are such a great mother!

--Emily

Kristin said...

Love the extension cord!! Look what happens when you laugh at your friends about their child's sleeping habits...it was headed your way!! :)
Love Jordan's hair. Too cute! I'll try and give you a call this week.

The Salazar Family said...

I'm probably going to have to do the same thing with Shawn once he's at that stage, which isn't too far away! So thanks for the great idea! =) It's so good to see pictures of your little cutie! He just looks light a little ball of good snuggle. =) Good job mommy!

The Salazar Family said...

that's supposed to say LIKE a little ball of good snuggle. love you sheila

Scott & Annie said...

This is awesome! You are full of great, practical ideas. You gotta do what you gotta do, right? I love it, and I'm in full support of it. And I want to kiss Jordan.

Kari said...

I love you Sheila!! And I love your sweet little sleeping angel boy! I feel so lucky that I actually get to see you and hold that little guy! He really does have the best hair too! Great solution for Justin... do what you gotta do!! You know how it goes in my house. ;) And by the way...I plan on keeping Kali in her crib now for as long as I can. No sense in giving another one the freedom with a new baby on the way! I love my sleep!!!

Amy said...

i love that second picture of him. nice work with the "lock"!

chris&heather said...

LOVE, LOVE the hair! Adorable!

HeidiAnn said...

You are so creative! HA!! I love it! That's cool that Justin will sit in there and play too. Great idea. I also can't believe how much hair Jordan has. So cute!