Imperial Beach

Imperial Beach

March 4, 2008

Confession

I have a confession.

I'm not sure if Jeff and I have just aged really fast, or if there are other people out there as lame as us. We watch Jeopardy and Wheel of Fortune religiously EVERY NIGHT...I'm pretty sure the average age for these shows must be 60 something, but we love them! I'm not so much into the Jeopardy as I am the Wheel of Fortune, but they are pretty much both always on.

I'm not sure if this stemmed from us canceling cable over a year ago and we are stuck with our rabbit ears TV... or if it's because Justin takes a bath every night between 6:30 and 7 and while he's winding down and we are finishing up his bedtime routine it's a nice background noise. (Or maybe these are just my lame excuses.) On Tuesdays when Jeff goes to Mutual, I usually let Justin stay up just a little late so he can watch the end of Wheel of Fortune with me. Any real Wheel watchers would know that you can't watch the WHOLE show and then not watch the bonus round, seriously. In fact, we are actually thinking about becoming official Wheel Watchers and getting our own Wheel watchers ID. I know, this is a true confession, but I have another one.

With Jeff in school and studying and in young men's and playing basketball and now softball I am often left to fend for myself in the evenings. I have found myself, on certain days, ie whenever Idol, the Bachelor, Top Model or Beauty and the Geek will be on, actually with butterflies because I am so excited to see the show... I realize many of you will think I am super lame, but it's the truth. I really have become obsessed with these 4 shows, I LOVE THEM! With Idol on THREE nights a week, Jeff can be doing whatever he wants and I will be fine left alone with my TV, the remote, and of course a good snack. So tonight, when Jeff is at mutual and playing basketball, no complaints from me...it's Tuesday...Boy's Night on Idol, WAHOOO!!

P.S. besides little Archuletta, Jason Castro (dreads) has my votes...and yes, I DO vote. Uh, the confessions keep coming.

12 comments:

Hennefer Family said...

Hahaha--Sheila, I love you!! I totally know those "butterflies" when you're about to sit down and find out how the loooove story will play out (although that's pretty pathetic love on the bachelor). It's still fun to watch and laugh at. And the little snack gets me excited too :) Seriously, I can't believe how similar those 2 look--wow! Adorable pictures. Smell that California breeze for me.
Miss you,
Kari

Hennefer Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Salazar Family said...

HAHA - I think I could copy and paste this post into my blog and call it my own. Of course I'd have to change a few names here and there, but this sounds like my life!! Especially when Kayla was a little younger we would watch "E" (Wheel) every night before she went to bed. Since we moved we kinda got out of the habbit, but have just recently turned it back on again. Oh and there's nothing wrong with a spin ID (mine is AS00069)! Hey if you're gonna watch it you might as well have a chance at winning some cash or even a car!! haha I knew I loved you!!

The Salazar Family said...

Oh, and I've already planned out my Idol night too... snack and all!! =)

Scott & Annie said...

YES! I love you Sheila. Not only do we have the same life, but you are also a Jason Castro fan. I feel the same way about Scott too. Normally I'm dying with him gone, but Idol has become somewhat of a companion. (And he really likes watching it too!)

Bryan and Ashley said...

Sheila this post cracked me up! Bry is already obsessed with Jeopardy--which now worries me a little because we currently have ZERO kids. Apparently we are just super lame! :) I love Jason Castro too--especially last night!!!

HeidiAnn said...

YES! YES! YES!! Okay, so I have always known I loved you, but the fact that you vote for Jason Castro and David Archuletta makes me love you even more. I have a little crush on both of them and I just love AI this year!! At least the boys. The girls aren't that great this time, but Jason and David are the BEST!

sherrie said...

i'm with you on jeopardy and top model. i use to watch beauty and the geek, is it good this season?

Katie said...

I am right there with you... when it comes to idol, I am so grateful there is TVO, I am an American Idol junkie!!

STRINGHAM FAMILY said...

i love that you watch those. i do too!! it's perfect while my hubby is out.

Paul and Emily said...

we don't have tv. but when i was helping my grandparents i was gett'n hooked on idol this year. invite me over! or record it. i wanna watch it too!!! lol

Amber Brown said...

ok, I love watching idol and all that and wheel of fortune and jeopardy on occasion (no shame!!! hello it's educational!!!)--but I LOVE that you mentioned beauty and the geek!! I've only seen it like one time but it was SO CUTE!!! I mean the way the geeks help the dumb hot girls and the guys are so shy and nervous and then they become friends and really care about each other and hook up and stuff!! SERIOUSLY I pretty much started crying at the clips for the upcoming season....sad...but true...I need to watch again...what night is it on??? LOVE YOU TONS!! I'm so sorry about the gallstones but proud (and not surprised) of you for putting your foot down and not taking their crap (or any more tums!!)!!!