Imperial Beach

Imperial Beach

March 13, 2008

GOOD NEWS!

Well, it's official! We are moving APRIL 9th into our new place for a whopping $324 a month!! Jeff and I figured out that if we had gotten in to this place when we first moved here, we would have saved close to $10,000!! Can you BELIEVE THAT??? It's amazing how a couple hundred dollars a month (426 to be exact) adds up over a couple of years, sheez! We're so excited to be moving, it's a little bigger and is closer to Sac State. They're two story townhouse type units with the bedrooms and bathroom upstairs and the kitchen and living room downstairs. We're still on the waiting list for a three bedroom unit and we're not counting on that, but have high hopes. If we get into that unit our rent jumps up to a huge $350...might be breakin the bank on that. Anyways, just wanted to share the good news!

Oh yeah, and one more thing...

You know how I've been really sick with "heartburn" all throughout my pregnancy, well, it turns out I may have gall stones...who woulda thought (obviously not the DOCTORS, I'm just a big baby who can't handle her heartburn and I just need to take more TUMS)!! This weekend I got really sick, again, and today, again. Sunday I puked like 15 times and was sick for 12 hours with what I'm learning is a gall attack. FYI the gall bladder's purpose in life is to excrete bile into our stomachs when we have eaten a fatty meal or foods that are more difficult to digest. If you have a disfunctional gall bladder, it doesn't produce that making it much more difficult for your body to digest the food and you have a gall attack making your life, literally HORRIBLE!

So, I see my doctor tomorrow thankfully and should get an ultrasound to see what's going on in there.

Somebody please tell me why WE as the patients have to diagnose ourselves?!?!

12 comments:

The Phipps said...

I love getting caught up on what's happening with you guys! The boys are so cute and I'm glad everything went well with new baby. So, gallbladder... You just need to have it taken out and you'll feel so much better! I had mine taken out 9 years ago and I haven't had a problem since. Let me know if you have any questions about it. Stacy

Amy said...

Yay your moving too!! How exciting! What a blessing in rent- too bad not everything is at that price and decent on the inside. I'm so glad they finally diagnosed you. I feel that is what usually happens- diagnosing yourself. An old friend of mine just had to diagnose herself, and she's a nurse and they didn't believe her for a year. Good luck with everything and I hope you feel better. I know it stinks- my younger sister had her gall bladder out at 16 and had to take home school due to it.

Brynn said...

So sorry to hear about the gallbladder thing! That is so awful!! And, are you moving into a co-op? (like, part-ownership-type-thing) That sounds exactly like the place we are living in Michigan! Hooray for a pretty big townhome and cheaper rent!! We were also on the waiting list for a 3 bedroom but by the time one opened up I was NOT in the mood to move again! :)

Kristin said...

You know how I feel about doctors. I hope all goes well. Let me know...
I'm so excited that there is finally a moving date. I know you've been waiting for this for a long time. Spring cleaning, here you come!

The Salazar Family said...

Wow what a steal!! That is an awesome deal! I'm happy for you guys and hopefully you'll get that 3 bedroom! That would be nice.
Also, about you're gall bladder problem, I'm glad you figured out somethings actually wrong so you can hopefully make it better. Good luck at the doctor. Keep us posted!!

Abby Hanson said...

Sheila! I'm so glad I found your blog and can keep up with you now. Your boys are SO CUTE! (I think I'm beginning to notice that since I have three girls, ALL boys just look ADORABLE! And yours' ARE!) Come visit my blog sometime.

Abby Hanson said...

And oh, haha, I just realized I said I "found" your blog....but really you sent the email announcing Jordan's arrival and I just followed the link. :)

HeidiAnn said...

Congrats Sheila! That is great news!!

HeidiAnn said...

Oh, except for the gall bladder thing, that is not great news. You poor thing. :o(

Carolyn said...

Congrats on the new apartment! We love you guys!

Paul and Emily said...

congrats on the new apartment! hopefully we won't be long in following your lead...

as for the heartburn issue! youch! i hope you don't have to experience passing gall stones and etc.? have they given you meds to help the heartburn go away?

let us know if you need any help with the move...

Abby Hanson said...

Hey, I just have to say I love the new template you put up!! (And since I still haven't said anything about the gallstones in the THREE comments I've put for this post....I hope things go well! Good luck!)