Imperial Beach

Imperial Beach

April 8, 2008

Family Night Fun

We had our first family night on Monday night with all four of us. We talked about Music and how much Heavenly Father loves to hear us sing. (Justin has been starting to sing with us every night when we sing songs to him at night. His favorites are of course, I Am A Child of God and I Need Thee Every Hour. He actually surprised me last night when I sang I'm Trying to be Like Jesus as he sang most of the words!) So we sang a few songs together as a family and then took some pictures us. Here's a few:









AND Here is what my house looks like right now...


What a mess full of boxes galore! We're just about all packed up and we get our keys TOMORROW at 2:30! I seriously cannot believe that it's actually happening and I'm soo excited!! I went by the apartment yesterday to see how it was coming and to peek in and the DOOR WAS UNLOCKED!! So I got to snoop around a little to find brand new carpet, newly painted walls and closet doors that could hardly open! They're sooo old! The place is nicer than I remember and I am sooo anxious for tomorrow! I don't even know how I'll sleep tonight!

9 comments:

The Hockmans said...

You are so good, I need to have family night more often, but when there is just me home its hard to be motivated. Good job!

My house has looked like that so many times that I think I start twitching whenever I think about it, sorry, wish I could help you tomorrow.
Best of luck, I'll tell my mom too.

Amy said...

How cute that Justin knew the words to that song! Your house looks very similar to our situation right now. I'm so excited that you guys get to be somewhere with more room and better rent- what a huge blessing! We still haven't even been inside our apartment so it will be very new to us when we get to Idaho! Good luck to you tomorrow when you get to move in... try to get some sleep!

Katie said...

Oh, how sweet. I love that you are singing as a family! When they are young, its the best time to start. Doesnt music bring such a sweet spirit. Especially when they love it! So cute Sheila!

STRINGHAM FAMILY said...

SO cute! I am so excited for you to get into your new place. I am bloggin privately now so give me your email and i will send you an invite. hstringham@hotmail.com

thanks, hanna

Paul and Emily said...

Congratulations! My sister Rachel said she was excited to see you moving in... We hope you got a good spot. Call me if you need help unpacking or watching the lil' ones!

The Salazar Family said...

ok, I'm almost positive I posted a comment a few days ago and now I don't see it. Anyway, I love these kind of family nights...the singing and more singing and some prayers. That's what a lot of ours look like anyway.
Looks like you guys are ready to head your buns on out of there and into your bigger place! (Unless you've laughed them off already, then I'm not sure what you'll do...) Anyway, you're for sure one of the C sistas! =) So don't think it's just in your head. Love you!

sherrie said...

i'm glad everything is working out so well for you guys. good luck with the move!

Drea said...

So excited that you will be in a 3 bedroom - how great!!! You deserve ALL of those tender mercies!

The Nelsons said...

Your family is so adorable. Oh.... how bad i wish i could see you......