Imperial Beach

Imperial Beach

June 26, 2008

Ok Lisa, this is for you!

Rules
1. List these rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog.
3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.
4. Let them know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

Fact 1:
I try and act like a tough mom with rules, routines, consequences, techniques, and like I actually know what I'm doing. Reality...inside I really could care less and wish that parenting wasn't so hard.

Fact 2:
I LOVE not changing poopy diapers anymore!!! (Jordan's don't count, his are still breastfed diapers...enough said right?) Justin really is doing great with the whole potty trained thing, he's going days and nights dry and I'm lovin' this!

Fact 3:
(This is a horrible confession) You know how they say that you usually notice faults in other people that you yourself have? Well...I look at other peoples' bathrooms and kitchens and see all the "dirty spots"that they missed or don't quite get clean in a general wipe down. I DON'T think, "gross, clean your stuff sick-o" I just look at it and think it's interesting what people don't deep clean. THEN I go home and take a conscious effort to look at my OWN home and see that I don't clean those same places...DANG IT!

Fact 4:
Right after I had Jordan I actually thought to myself, "I could do this again...soon".

FACT 5:
I WILL not be even THINKING about "doing this again" until Justin is in Kindergarten...maybe first grade.

Fact 6:
I choose "student" life over "grown-up" life any day.

Fact 7:
Someday I do want a home. And now that I have to live the "grown-up" life with Jeff actually working a 7-5 job, I want it more than ever. I have a huge problem making Jeff think into the future and try and decide things before they are possible to decide. For example:

Here is a very common conversation at night during pillow talk:

J: Goodnight honey, I love you.
S: Goodnight. I love you too. (smooch)

(pause...)

S: Jeff?
J: Huh??
S: Ummm, so if you could choose your ideal job what would it be? I mean, like, where do you want to live, like what city do you think?
J: uhhh, I don't know, we'll cross that road when it comes.
S: Ok I know. Goodnight.
(another pause)
S:But I mean if you could CHOOSE wherever you wanted to live, where would it be?
J: (sigh) I love you.

Poor guy. Thanks for hanging in there with me lover.

So I'm actually not going to tag anyone. I know it's breaking the rules. I LOVE ALL of you that read my blog and I LOVE reading ALL of your blogs. I really have been looking at them, I just haven't been commenting that much.

10 comments:

The Bjurstrom Family said...

Ohhh Sheila. Potty training can be the pits. Brianna has been trained for awhile and all of sudden she has peed her bed the past 2 nights. I don't know what's up with that. Student life definitely had its perks. It's hard "growing" up sometimes. FYI-- know I know to make sure my house is spotless the next time you come over:)

Kamie said...

Sorry you are feeling down girl! Hope you get feeling better soon.

p.s. You are SO much more patient than I am..I need to have everything planned and prepared way in advance. I have a 5 and 10 year plan worked out for my life..which also involves my husband since he is my life too now :)

Kristin Jones said...

I LOVE SHEILA!!

Jeff and Sheila Capell said...

I promise I'm better, I've had a great last few days. I really do LOVE my life and things are fine! Re-reading my facts made me sound so ungrateful for what I have and I love every aspect of my life.

The Salazar Family said...

Love the new look! And I love reading 7 things about you! =) I think that's so funny that you thought you could do it again after Jordan! haha I think you should start trying! Anyway, student life rocked... aint no shame in it! =)

Kari said...

I LOVE YOU SHEILA!!! You are the BREAST!!!

Jessica said...

Hi!!!! What a cute family you have!!!! Oh my gosh! It's been forever! Yes, I heard Jeff is getting married. His woman is beautiful. Jacquie showed me all the pictures on his facebook. That is so exciting!

Amber Brown said...

SHEILA!! You are wonderful!! reading your dialogue with Jeff makes me realize how you are a better wife than probably anyone!!! (well at least me) I read that and think that you have every right to know if not what you will be doing in the near future at LEAST some ideas of where your spouse would like to be!! and you feel bad for bugging him about it!!! I mean you were just asking!!! You are such an example to me constantly and make me take stock and realize I am WAY too hard on my husband and need be the supportive one rather then the one being supported once in awhile!!! YOU'RE HOT!! I LOVE YOU!!

Kari said...

Hahahaa! Love the pillow-talk conversation. I had to read it twice because I was laughing so much. I do that to Mike all the time. My mind is racing, and he answers me in between snores. You're so awesome, Sheila! Such cute pictures!

The Clarkson Family said...

Sheila,
Fact 6 and 7 could totally be on my blog! I feel for you! I often think about how awesome student life was...I miss it too. Tim was home so much and I didn't even appreciate it. All I could do was wait until he was working, we had a house, etc. Now I miss what I had. The grass is always greener, right? :)