Imperial Beach

Imperial Beach

August 10, 2008

Here we goooooo!

Wowie! What a vacation...brace yourselves, there are A LOT of pictures!!

We just got back from our 2 week road trip to Utah. We had such a busy time there full of lots of different stuff. We started out obviously in the car...

The Drive


Isn't he just the sweetest baby? Jordan had his 6 month b-day on our trip, whoa. that when by so fast!

We drove all night long and got in around 4 am Saturday morning.
I got to go to Jeff's fiance Brittany's bridal shower Sat. evening but I forgot my camera, it was great to be able to represent the California girls and she loved her Kitchen Aid.

Snowbird
Jeff's family does a week reunion up at Snowbird every year and I am loving this tradition. It's so fun to hang out with the whole family, we do so many fun things! Look at those rolls on that chunky boy!! He's sitting up all by himself now without the crazy tipovers, so I had to get some shots. I had no idea he has rolls UNDER his baby boobs!! AHHHHHH! He's also eating 1 to 2 jars of food a day. He's had apples, bananas, pears, peas, green beans, and sweet potatoes. NOT a fan of the green beans without rice cereal mixed in.


On this trip Justin experienced a lot of FIRSTS!! Here he is at his FIRST water park 7 Peaks in Provo LOVING it!

Racing down the Alpine Slide

Lookin for fishies in the pond.
We spent LOTS of evenings in the pool. I think I went through a whole bottle of sunscreen in a week!

Other things that we did while up at Snowbird that I didn't get shots of, or that I'm waiting to get from family memebers are: the traditional baby shower...this year it was for me and two of Jeff's cousins who had babies in the past year!! It was AWESOME and Jordan now has some clothes that actually haven't been worn by some one else. Jeff took Justin and hiked up to the top of the Snowbird tram with his dad and brother Darren. They all took turns hauling Justin in the backpack and I guess it was a fun trip (I WOULD NEVER DO THAT WITH A TODDLER!) I HAVE hiked it in the past though, for the record. We played BINGO and I won the blackout round...oh yeah! I won a candy bar AND a soda!! Justin thought that was pretty cool. Jeff and I went hot tubbing while Grandpa slept in the room with the boys (thanks grandpa). Every night was full of food and games with cousins and aunts and uncles. This year was a great Snowbird, we're so lucky we got to go. THANKS SO MUCH to Grandma and Grandpa Capell for feeding and housing us in our very own room, it made it so easy for us.

Water Skiing and Wakeboarding
This was also a FIRST for Justin. On our way up to Arimo, ID we stopped to hang out with Jeff's Uncle Kendall and Aunt Bliss. They took us skiing and Justin rode in his FIRST boat! He got to watch mommy and daddy wakeboard and daddy ski. Too bad I left the camera in the car...whoops.

Great Grandma & Grandpa Capell's House

Grandma is 82 and Grandpa is 87

This is Uncle Darren, who everyone says Jordan looks just like. We love Uncle DD.

Four generations of Capells

Grandpa Capell is such a fun Great Grandpa. He's 87 this year and is still just truckin along. He took Justin on his FIRST real tractor ride and as you can see Justin was smiling ear to ear.









Thanksgiving Point
We spent a day with our friends Annie and Caleb Osmond and Angela, Kayla and Shawn Salazar. We went to Thanksgiving Point for $2 Tuesdays and visited the petting farm...SO WORTH IT! Justin rode his FIRST horse and instantly overcame his immense fear for moving animals. It was crazy how quickly that occurred and he was begging Jeff to ride the BIG horsey! Also while we were here, he rode on his FIRST horse drawn wagon ride.

Utah's Hogle Zoo
Justin rode his FIRST train while we were at the zoo.


and he rode his FIRST carosel (thanks to Aunt DeeAnn)

We were searching and searching for the leopard and just as we were about to give up, he starting pacing the window. Justin got such a rush out of it, he loved being so close to it. One time the leopard just stopped right in front of Justin and stared at him for like a minute! I got this shot during the stare down.

Justin saw his FIRST elephant and FIRST bear

FRIENDS!




Jordan started grabbing both toes during the trip.

and playing with toys

6 comments:

Megan said...

HOLY COW! You guys have been insanely busy! You did pretty much every single thing there is to do in UT...impressive! What a fun summer. And way to go you for doing it with both kids...and not a single complaint! Great pictures - I love the grabbing the toes one the best.

Amber Brown said...

AAAH!!! These pics make me SO jealous we're just missing you guys by a couple of days!!! It looks like you had an ABSOLUTE blast and the pics by angela are SO cute!! I can't wait til she can take pics of my baby!!!! Have fun in Idaho (that's where you are now, right? or did you go back home??) I'm SO excited to leave work and three hours and go on vacation as well--YAY for VACAY!! love you!!!

The Clarkson Family said...

What a FUN vacation! These pics make me miss northern Utah and the sweet BYU days! I love the 4 generation pictures. How wonderful that you got that! I love your new family picture. So beautiful and your boys are just adorable!

The Altamirano's said...

It was so fun to see you! Looks like you guys had a fabulous trip...I'm so glad. Hey, you should move here. =) I loved spending time with you and your cute fam.

Amy said...

we wish we could've been at Snowbird! glad you guys had fun and did SO much in utah! maybe next year we'll be able to make it down with our little addition (by the way we find out the 21st what we're having!).

HeidiAnn said...

I LOVE this post Sheila, except for that it made me totally JEALOUS! So much fun! Wish I could have been there!