Imperial Beach

Imperial Beach

September 27, 2008

My FIRST PIE!


I did it! I made my OWN first pie, all by myself (ok, Justin helped) but I was a little nervous and almost didn't do it. Justin kept saying, "Mommy, let's make apple pie." all day long, so I HAD to do it. I did the dough, cut, peeled and cored the apples, rolled it out, mixed it up, attempted to flute the edges, cooked it and voila! Homemade fresh apple pie!
Oh, and he used to be on the blanket...Jordan has figured out he can move himself around...

He's such a sweetie.
And my other sweetie has decided to stop napping...we'll see how long this lasts. Hopefully it's a stage. He now has "quiet time" in his room and I guess I'm ok with that.

9 comments:

Sam and Kat said...

mmm apple pie sounds so good! and your pie looks great! congrats! i have yet to make one myself. lol

Sarah said...

Makes me miss Apple Hill. *sniff*
Good job on the pie--it looks really good!

Hupp Family said...

Great job! I can't believe how big your kids are! Where does the time go?? Cute kids!Oh and pie..wink!

Kristin said...

Nice pie! Good job! Hey, send me your email address so I can send you pictures! Do you have mine?

Angela said...

Great job Sheila!! It looks so yummy... this is not good for my diet!

Amy said...

nice work! i still need to conquer making a pie... maybe for thanksgiving...

Amy Beatty said...

Hurray! I love that you made a pie with your boys. I have not tried to make one yet, but yours looked so good I have got to try it - wish me luck. Your baby has gotten so huge and way too cute. Wish I could squeeze him.

HeidiAnn said...

Good job on the pie. It looks so good. My mouth is watering right now. mmmmmm, I need to make one. I have never made apple pie before. Sad huh?? I MISS YOU!

The Clarkson Family said...

What cute cute cute boys! I love Justin's grin on that last pic. I can't believe you made a pie! You are so cool! I've never made a pie and I feel scared to do it. Was it so much work? I don't believe in the saying "Easy as pie". I think it should be "Easy as a box cake mix" :) I am jealous you went away with your husband for the weekend. It seems you guys do that often - so lucky!