Imperial Beach

Imperial Beach

October 20, 2008

Justin's THIRD Birthday!!

Oh my goodness, my baby is THREE!!
I threw him a horsie party (no surprise since it's his current obsession). And it turned out better than I ever would have thought. We started out with a cousins picture for Grandma Stacy.

And I actually owe a HUGE thanks to my friend Kiera who really helped me decide to even do a party for Justin. She helped me with the theme, decorations and with the games. I love you Kiera! (Jordan loves Kiera and could totally be her baby with all that red hair!)



Okay, so once the kids got there they decorated their loot bags and cowboy/girl vests that I made out of grocery bags. Very authentic, I know.


Grandma Stacy drew Justin a horse and he was pretty impressed...
We had a couple of horses for them to ride for fun
After they finished their vest, they got their faces painted...boys got a sweet 'stache and girls got lucious lashes.


Howdy Pardners! Cheeeeeeeeeeese!


These kids listened sooo well, they are waiting patiently for the next activity!

Next, they had to shoot a rubberband gun through the target. This is how they earned their Sheriff's badges.




Baby Madelyn with Grandma Stacy!!

Then they went on a gold hunt and had to find all the pennies that I hid outside and put them in their "loot" bags. Then to earn their Sheriff's guns they had to pin the tail on the Horsie!




And of course a Horsie cake...definitely the easiest cake I've made and Justin loved it just the same, if not more!





The boys watching college football...


Before presents they colored a Cowboy picture.

I love this one of Justin and Zach...little studs...
And now for the presents....


Lots of horses, horse books, trucks, games, art supplies, puzzles, tools, and more horses...

Thanks so much everyone for coming and playing with us for the day!! Justin felt so special and loves all his new stuff!!! You guys are amazing friends!

18 comments:

Nick and Cristina Anderson said...

AWW looks like they had so much fun!

Sarah said...

That is all so creative! Looks like a lot of fun!

Kari said...

Sheila you're an awesome MOM!! You did such an awesome job on Justin's party and Zach and Kali had a blast!! Now I guess I should get started on Kali's party!! AHH!!

Mandi Kiholm Nuttall said...

Your baby is 3? That is crazy! Will you be at the Camino Ward during Christmas? We are finally coming home and I want to see everyone!

Amber Brown said...

YOU ARE THE CUTEST MOM EVER!!!!! I am officially aspiring to your greatness!!!

The Howards said...

How fun!What a good mom. I remember when he was born and I can't believe its been 3 years since then! Time flies!

The Hockmans said...

Great job girl! That took some creativity for sure. Honey is totally into Horses too so I might have to steal some ideas from you. Hope all is well with you, always wish we lived closer, so we could play.
And a Three year old? Not so funny anymore knowing that he will shortly be turning 5 and going to kindergarden in 2 short years, then it will be my turn to laugh, Haa haa!

Hupp Family said...

What a fun party! What a fun Mom you are! You look great by the way. I can't believe your baby is three. I remember when you were pregnant with him! Crazy!!!

The Fishers said...

It was so much fun!!! Peyton had a really good time. Thanks, Sheila

Jess and Jenn said...

You are such a great MOM!! That looked like so much fun! I can't believe he is three!

Jessica said...

You are such a cute,good mommy!

Kristin Jones said...

What a cute, cute, cute party. You're amazing!!

Trevor and Liz Covington said...

that looks like a great party... you moms are just so cool!!

Andrea said...

Hey Sheila! This is Andrea Mercier (now Mercier-Droste). I came across your blog from a link on Stacy Phipps'--I hope you don't mind! You have a beautiful family! I would love to get in touch with you again. You can email me at: andreamercier21@yahoo.com
Thanks for letting me enjoy your wonderful pictures and stories! :-)
All the best, Andrea Mercier-Droste

Angela said...

OK, I have several things to say:

1st of all, that has got to be the funnest birthday party any of those kids have ever experienced!

2nd of all, you did the cutest things like painting faces, making vests, coloring for transitions... must be a rockin' teacher mom!!

3rd of all, I have that shirt that you're wearing... actually I wore it yesterday! =) We have the best taste!!

4th of all, I can't believe that Justin is 3!! which makes Kayla almost 4 and Shawn 2 1/2... WHAT?

5th of all, I can't think of what to say but I just want to keep numbering with "of all" after it...

And 6th of all, I wish we could have been there to celebrate with you,and Kayla and Shawn would have had so much fun!!

Oh and 7th of all I loved that cake! Very cute.

Love you!! =)

Brian and Lori Faulconer said...

I wish we could have come! I have a present here for Justin that I've been meaning to drop off. Hopefully I'll get around to it before he turns 4.

sherrie said...

he's such a big boy now! i love the mustache.

The Clarkson Family said...

WOW! What an awesome job on the party and you got great pictures of it all!! You are so creative! I can tell you did a lot of work - your kids are so lucky to have such a caring mom!