Imperial Beach

Imperial Beach

November 24, 2008

Maybe a tradition?

Now that Justin is getting older and is starting to understand stuff in life a little bit more, I decided I'd better start some traditions. So this one is for Thanksgiving...I'm really liking it so far, Justin totally gets it, and is coming up with some funny things that he's thankful for. What we're doing is each night as a family we all choose two things that we are thankful for and we write it on the leaf. Then we string the leaves around the house to help us remember the things that we are thankful for.




Justin wanted to show off some of our leaves that we did.


...yes, it says Old Yeller...Justin LOVES this movie and sings "Best dog gone dog in the West" with a western accent...

9 comments:

The Rawlins Fam said...

That's really sweet Sheila! What a good idea! :) Have a happy thanksgiving week!

Trevor and Liz Covington said...

That is a great idea and I love it.. am considering copying it! I can't resist telling you how much I love the look of the bunny ears on the TV.. we've got the same "look" going at our house... =p.. hooray for being young!

Hobbs Family said...

What a fun idea. I love family traditions!

The Fishers said...

Hey, is there a reason why all of Jeff's things are hidden from our view? I think the idea alot.

Amber Brown said...

So CUTE!!! and the leaves are so realistic looking. you are such a good mom!!! I need to write these things down :)

Jeff and Sheila Capell said...

Those are hidden b/c they are blank! He was gone when we did it yesterday so he did his when he got home. FYI yesterday Jeff was thankful for the scriptures and sports.

Jess and Jenn said...

Yep, I'm going to have to steal that idea!! That was so great, I'm always trying to find fun crafts and also ones that are meaningful!So thanks for the idea! And that Justin is so dang cute!!

Kristin said...

Love it! That is so creative! We did leaves, but just one night for FHE. Put them on a tree. I felt crafty and creative, but I like the idea of spending a longer amount of time remembering to be thankful! Thanks Sheila! Maybe next year! Loved your pudding idea too, you are so full of great ideas!

Hupp Family said...

That is so funny. Yours said naptime. Old Yeller? That's awesome. You know Old yeller was a fighter, a rootin' tootin' fighter....just kidding. Great idea! Might have to steal this one. ;)