Imperial Beach

Imperial Beach

November 19, 2008

Mommy Justin

Today Justin and I have had a fun day. We've done playdough together, colored with markers and crayons, painted with his new paints...it's been a very artsy day.

We decided to clean up and organize his toys in his room together and it was going great. As we were doing this I decided that Justin has too much stuff in his little space (since getting the bunkbeds, his room has shrunk!) So I decided to pack up half of his toys that he doesn't usually play with right now (he had no idea that I was doing that...hopefully he won't catch on) Anyways, as we were doing this he was finding new toys that he hadn't played with in a while and was "hording" them in a special spot. Any of you who know Justin know that this is nothing unusual...(sigh)

Here is our conversation from that point:

S: Justin, can you go downstairs and get the bucket with the cars in it for mommy?

J: Yes mommy, I can.

(Sits there for another 10 seconds)

S: Do you think you can do it right now please?

J: Yes, I can!

S: Okay, thanks pal!

J: (While pointing to his horded pile) Don't touch those toys, Okay mommy, Okay??

S: Okay.

J: Mommy, are you going to touch those toys?

S: No buddy, I'm not going to touch them, don't worry.

J: Okay, don't touch them. Good job mommy. If you do touch those toys, I'm going to take them away from you. Do YOU HEAR ME?



Good job mommy??? Do YOU HEAR ME?? Oh great, what have I got here?? I am so scared for when Jordan start walking and talking...things should get interesting...

Isn't life fun?

8 comments:

The Fishers said...

Kids, you gotta love them. I'm awaiting good news for you and what lies ahead for you two!!! So excited for you.

Sam and Kat said...

haha that is too funny! i think its hilarious when kids talk to their parents like that when they are so young... prolly wont think it hilarious when my OWN kids start doin it lol.....
im anxious to see what it will be like when your other one starts talkin, hopefully they wont gang up on you LOL...

Kari said...

That's priceless Sheila!! I love that kid! I miss you guys!! I feel like it's been forever since we've seen you! Thanks for sharing the cute story. I have one for you on my blog that I'm gonna get up soon as I can.

The Rawlins Fam said...

Good job mommy! :) So cute! and hooray for organization and "artsy" days!

HeidiAnn said...

That is hilarious!! You know they are growing up too fast when they start to scold you. What a cutie!

The Hockmans said...

Kids pick up on all the things we wish they wouldn't and nothing we wish they would. Honey tells her friends that they need to have a "time out" whenever she feels the need.

Hupp Family said...

That is too funny! I always have to tell Londyn that I am the mommy. I love that, "Do you hear me?!" Ahh..I'm still laughing.

Cathy Duffy said...

I love kids. they just put a smile on our faces don't they :)