Imperial Beach

Imperial Beach

May 19, 2009

Rite Aid, Walgreens, CVS

Ok, does ANY BODY out there shop the adds at these stores?? IF NOT, YOU ARE MISSING OUT! This Monday I hit up these three stores. Here's a re-cap.

Walgreens:
I got Edge Shave Gel
Colgate Visible White toothpaste
Bayer Quick Release Crystals
ALL FOR FREE!!
I paid 8 dollars out of pocket and got 8 dollars in Register Rewards *which is like money to use at Walgreens next week when I shop THOSE adds!

CVS
I bought 4 dry idea deodorants
I paid 2.93
I GOT 4 dollars back...they PAID me to take home these deodorants!

Rite Aid
I got 2 boxes of cereal
Suave Deodorant
Some Wound Saline Spray stuff
Alaway eye drops
2 Kraft BBQ sauces
Dry Idea Clinical Deodorant
I paid 13.12 out of pocket
I am getting a check in the mail for 19.98!! I MADE MONEY!


Serious???
I don't know if all of this is all going to workout. I figured I would give it a try for a month and see how things go. It seems good though huh?

I really am going all in with the whole coupon thing, I'm learning a lot and it's actually a really rewarding fun game!!
So far I have a lot of toothpaste and deodorant, crackers, 100 calorie packs, granola bars, BBQ sauce, salad dressing, candy bars, and some randoms...

Here's my system I got from the Being Frugal is Fabulous girl:

I LOVE IT!

SO---any couponers out there that read my blog?? Any tips? I'm still wrapping my head around a lot of this, learning the "lingo" and rules to it all.

11 comments:

Dyami said...

So this coupon stuff seems a little overwhelming right now. You have to shop at so many different stores, try to keep track of so many coupons and keep up on it all- no just running to the store without think "could I have found a coupon for this?" -And I end up buying things I really don't need just because I have a coupon. I'm still learning.

Jeff and Sheila Capell said...

SO TRUE Dyami! It's important only to buy things that you would have already bought. Otherwise, you will wind up spending more money. The only things that I 'buy' that I never would have bought are things that I am getting totally free. Good luck, start simple. I'm dealing with the different stores issue OK, we are usually One stop shoppers...(Superwalmart is a pre-req to where we buy a house!)so this is quite an adjustment especially hauling two kiddos with me!

Hobbs Family said...

o.k. so you've inspired me with the whole coupon thing. I am very interested in trying it out. I even told Seth we need to start getting the Sunday paper!

HeidiAnn said...

can you teach me when i come this summer!! help me make a book please!!??

Kari said...

Okay, seriously, I wish I had the time to do this! Way to go sheila! You ROck!

Amber Brown said...

I SO want to do this and I'm so trying but MAN is it tough--I think I'm ok to use coupons when I'm at the store but going to these websites, printing things off, sending stuff in, filling things out, going to all the different stores---it's COMPLEX!! I'm working on it--Sheila, you inspire me!!!

sherrie said...

way to shop! i need to get some coupons going on over here ;)

Angela said...

I just got caught up on the last few posts. I'm a horrible blogger lately. But I love that you're doing this coupon thing. It's really a booming business right now and I've gone to a class or two myself. I just haven't gotten into it. I don't think I'm organized enough or willing to take the time... at least not right this second. but this kind of gives me some motivation to get a book and keep the coupons that I have clipped (and never end up using) in way that I can easily find them and use them. Thanks Sheila, you're a true motivator!! =)
Oh, and give me your house number so I can call you. I have unlimited minutes now since I'm a "valued long-time customer" of T-Mobile. Love you!!

Angela said...

Oh and... What a cute picture Sherrie!! =)

Shanda said...

WOW! You're AWESOME!! I can't quite figure out the whole couponing thing- I've had a few frustrating experiences with various stores... but I think it's AWESOME!! On my blog there's some stuff on the side that says "couponing" or "deals" or something like that- a BUNCH of good sites I check out. One of them is my friends, and she's AWESOME at it!!! It's Savvy Shopper. Anyway, GOOD LUCK!! I think that's AWESOME!!

Sarah Scott said...

Yes, I shop at those stores because it's amazing what kind of deals you can get there that are totally unexpected, mostly on household goods like toilet paper, aluminum foil, toothpaste, that kind of stuff. I was just about to make a blog post about the great deals I found tonight at Walgreens. I don't get the paper, so I take all the ads from my dad's papaer when I go to my parents' house for Sunday dinner. That way I don't have to pay a cent to get the coupons. I have decided it's not worth my time or ink cartridge to print any coupons off. I keep it simple by just cutting coupons from the Sunday ads. I go through my coupons on a regular basis so I'll remember what I have and to discard any expired ones. Sounds like you're really doing well with your couponing. I think it's definitely worth it to shop a few different stores each week. One-stop shopping is convenient, but you and I have young families fresh out of college and on a tight budget so we have to find the best deals to stretch our dollars.