Imperial Beach

Imperial Beach

June 14, 2009

5 Years Ago


I married my best friend.


For eternity!!!!

I love you Jeff!! So for our 5 year Anniversary Jeff planned a weekend gettaway for us. We left Thursday morning (after dropping the boys off with Jeff's parents...THANK YOU SOOO MUCH Mom and Dad Capell!!! WE REALLY APPRECIATED IT!!!)

Then we went to the Oakland A's/Twins game. THEY WON!
Then to our hotel the Marina Village Inn next to the Oakland Yacht Club in Alameda, very secluded, right on the water, nice job honey.

We went to the temple and it was so nice to be back in the Oakland Temple. We actually ran in to our sealer when we were doing sealings!! It was pretty cool. I couldn't put the picture in the right place, so it's at the bottom. Then we went to Mc Covey Cove and walked around, Jeff loved it.


Then to the Golden Gate Bridge





--this picture was after baptisms, I really don't look cute, but the temple is beautiful!
It was such a well needed weekend, we loved it and had a blast. Thanks for sweeping me off my feet Jeff, I've been on cloud 9 since I met you. I look forward to the next 50.

9 comments:

Kristin Jones said...

Happy Anniversary!!

The Fishers said...

You are too cute, Sheila. congratulations on five years. We should get together one last time before you move too far away. I am so excited for you and your family, though.

Kari said...

Looks like you guys had a great anniversary! Happy 5 years!!

HeidiAnn said...

5 YEARS!!!!!!!!???????????? CRAZY! You guys look so in love and it looks like you has SUCH a fantastic time. We BETTER do something like that on our 5 year! I loved this post so much even though it made me jealous. I am really wanting a getaway from my kids with Joseph. ahhh, maybe someday. :)

Angela said...

Happy Anniversary to two little love birds! I remember going on that first date with you guys... Jeff's birthday at Pizza Factory. He couldn't keep his hands off you then, and hasn't ever since!! haha But it's true. I love the way he looks at you, and the looks you give him back, you can feel the love. I'm glad you guys had fun! And by the way... I think you look dang cute in that last picture!! =)

Hobbs Family said...

So sweet. Sounds like you had lots of fun!

sherrie said...

looks like a great anniversary. glad you had a fun kid-free time!

Amber Brown said...

YAY!! you guys are SO cute!! I can't believe it's been five years!!! I'm glad you were able to get a well deserved getaway. CONGRATULATIONS!!

Brian and Lori Faulconer said...

You two are cute as a button! (buttons?) Its so great that you could get away! As much as we love our kids, I think all married couples need an occasional reminder of what it was like before they were around!