Imperial Beach

Imperial Beach

June 3, 2009

Change is in the air!

Well, as you know, Jeff has been working here in Sac at a nursing facility. The hours were kinda shabby at first and some red flags about job security shot up which sent Jeff searching for some other options. He's always wanted to eventually get a job in a hospital, so when he found a job opening at Sutter Memorial Medical Hospital in MODESTO, he was all over it. (sigh) I seriously told Jeff that we would NEVER live there (probably b/c when he met me and saw where I grew up he told me that we would never live there, he's such a suburbian boy, I'm such a mountain girl, ANYWAYS, if he told me we would never live where I grew up, I figured I would tell HIM that we were never living where HE grew up!!!) Apparently I cursed myself. He interviewed last week and is in the process of accepting this job as we speak.

I am SOOOO excited for JEFF. When he interviewed he came home smiling ear to ear as he went on and on about how NICE this facility is, how great everything is there etc. I told Jeff when I married him that I would follow him anywhere he wanted to go. (probably why he didn't even flinch when I told HIM that we'd never live in Modesto!!) We just want Jeff to be happy. I'll be happy anywhere if I'm with him, we'll make friends and make the best out of it. Plus there are some hiring "perks" as well that are very inviting to some super poor 'starving students'.

Nothing is changing immediately, we're going to ease in to the transition and then eventually make the move. We're praying a lot about what to do and when to do it. For now, one step at a time.

13 comments:

Amber Brown said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! That sounds great!!! Good luck figuring out all the details!! SO EXCITING!!http://capellclan.blogspot.com/

Kristin Jones said...

That's great!! I can't wait to hear more!

The Rawlins Fam said...

*tear* just when we move in, you move out. I knew that was going to happen!!! But it is very exciting news for your family! Even though its like a stab in a new neighbor's heart... Lets us know what ways we can help! How soon will you be moving?!

Amy said...

how exciting! i personally love modesto and when we come to CA we can visit you! yay!

HeidiAnn said...

CONGRATULATIONS JEFF!!! Sheila, you are so good. What a good wifey. I miss you and can't wait to see you!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GOOD JOB JEFF!!!

Natalie said...

Congratulations you guys!! It will be fun having you closer ;)

Sarah said...

Good luck, Sheila! I hope it is a nice part of Modesto.

Kari said...

WOW! Thanks for calling me and letting us know... ;) Congratulations Jeff!! I am so excited for you guys and can't wait to hear more! Sheila you are such a great wife and MOM! We will be sad if you guys have to move a little farther away but we will just have to make it work! It's all in the plan! Yay for good news!

The Fishers said...

That's good news. I'm excited for your family. Good luck. I'm sure you'll love it... but you'll be even farther from me then you are now.

heather peck said...

congratulations sheila and jeff! it was fun to "catch up with you" through your blog!

The Alts Family said...

CONGRATS CONGRATS CONGRATS!!!! And make sure that if you buy a house that you buy one with an extra room that I can live in. =)

Brian and Lori Faulconer said...

Great news! For you guys at least! Sutter has 2 hospitals right here in town, weren't they hiring? :( Oh well, I hope you guys can hang out some more before you are officially gone!

sherrie said...

that's great news. at least you will still be pretty close :)