Imperial Beach

Imperial Beach

July 21, 2009

Three new posts!!

Oh man, we've been busy busy!!! I have finally been able to breathe for the first time since the 4th of July weekend. (You can see those pics below.) My life is sort of a whirlwind right now and my poor kids have been slung around with me through it all. We went camping in Tahoe for the 4th for three nights, then on the 7th- 14th we were back and forth between our house and Mark and Kari's visiting with friends, then off to Modesto for the rest of the week to be with Jeff...and the house hunt to begin!!

After one day of looking at repos, I found two perfect houses. One was brand new, and one was a repo. So Jeff went to look the next day at the repo and it already had two offers, one pending...we didn't have a shot (the story of every house on the market that is livable right now.) Left with the brand new house (my first choice) we decided to look at it again and put in an offer!! AHHHHH!! Our offer was accepted and now it's up to the loan people to make sure things go through. So far so good, we'll see how things go with this. We're really very excited and are crossing our fingers that everything goes through with the loan. Apparently this house has been in Escrow already FOUR times, and fell out every time. So here's a (horrible) picture of the house at dusk, I'll post more once it's ours (that sounds so surreal).

If you're in to details like me you'd want to know it's 5 bd 3 ba, almost 2300 sq. ft. and every sq ft is used perfectly if you ask me. I love it! 2 car garage, average size lot for the area (tiny if you grew up in Camino, but pretty good if you grew up in a suburb). It's in Riverbank, CA which is the central valley. It's a 10 min. drive for Jeff to get to work in Modesto...so NICE! We couldn't be happier if it all goes through!

And just some shots of our garden this year:



13 comments:

Danny Janessa, and Allan said...

I am sad (for selfish reasons) but happy for you at the same time.Good Luck!

Kari said...

Yay!! how exciting!! I LOVE the house..it's perfect!! We will be praying for you that all works out! Miss you! Love you!

Amber Brown said...

YAY!! CONGRATS!! I'm so crossing my fingers for you-it looks perfect!!! SO EXCITING!!

Kamie said...

Hope the house works out! That is so exciting!

Kristin Jones said...

Ahhhh!! Yay!! Hey, I don't know where to call or get a hold of you bc I never know where you are...you call me!

The Fishers said...

That is so exciting Sheila. I hope you get it and things work out. Oh, while you're doing all of your packing, if you happen to come across the letter factory, put it aside because I need it back soon. Yay!!!

HeidiAnn said...

YAYYYYY!!!! I can't wait to actually see it in person. WAHHOOOO!!!!!

Julie said...

The first home is so exciting! Congrats! Hey, are you going to Snowbird this year?

Carolyn said...

Congrats...I hope everything goes through and you get it!!!!

The Andersons said...

Congratulations! I am so excited for you guys (and secretly jealous).

The Clarkson Family said...

Who-hoo!!! What an awesome house! I am sooooo happy for you guys!!!! How exciting! We can't wait to see more pics, and how awesome that it is so BIG! Room for all your little kiddos to run around in! Yay!!!

Amy Beatty said...

Oh my, I turn my head for a moment and everything has gone crazy!!!! I love all of your awesome news. #1 having a another baby, lucky duck!!! Your home sounds like a dream. Maybe one day I'll get there.

Joseph said...

That is so exciting!!!! Good Luck!