Imperial Beach

Imperial Beach

August 6, 2009

For those who've been wondering

Ok, an update on the house (which I have more pictures of but am waiting to post till it's actually ours).

The USDA loan that we were sooooo hoping to get might not work out for us because we might be just barely over qualified for (and it's REALLY frustrating b/c we're not REALLY over qualified it just looks like we are on paper...LAME!) *deep breath* This has all been very emotional for me if you can't tell. SOOO, we are now in the process of our back-up plan which is an FHA loan where you put 3 1/2 % down. This is not that bad of a deal, especially since it is what we were planning on doing the whole time, the whole USDA loan came out of nowhere and was a huge perk. The difference between the two is with the USDA we put zero down and our monthly payments are about 100 dollars LESS each month *another deep breath* you can see that this is the part that I can't really seem to get over. A fridge, washer and dryer and BLINDS are now going to have to probably wait a little bit till we can save a little more money, or put it on one of those Lowes credit cards that you don't have to pay off for a year and it's no interest. I'm fine with these b/c we could pay it off in no time. I'd rather NOT go without blinds and a fridge. We've done w/o a washer and dryer for the past 4 years, what's a little longer right?? So I guess we'll cross all these bridges when they come. I'm having such a hard time with this Escrow time...it's so out of my control and I can't stand it. I'm just sitting here, relying on other people to make this all happen for us and it's hard for me.

On a positive side, we SHOULD close by the end of the month (hopefully by the 17th but that might be pushing it since we might have to change loans) which means that my crazy life should get just a little crazier and then FINALLY settle down into our OWN place and get some normality to our lives. For those who don't know, we've been living 3/4 our lives in Modesto with Jeff's parents and the other part in Sacramento. This has probably been the hardest time in our life together as a family for me. I actually am really struggling with the whole thing. Knowing that it is just temporary is the ONLY thing that gets me day to day. Last week we spent the entire week here (which was totally fine b/c we had the whole house to ourselves while his family was on vacation). This week, his two younger brothers are now living here with us and his parents and it's all very hard for me. It's not the people that is hard, they are great, but just imagine bringing your clothes with you for the week, nothing else and living in someone else's house. Sounds fine at first, but what I was telling Jeff the other day is that I just feel like I'm "existing" with no real purpose but to get through the day with the boys. We are just in survival mode or something. I don't have or do anything that I usually do at home that makes me feel good, ie work on my scrapbooks, organize my food storage stuff, work on my journal or photo books or anything! Sorry for the downer, this week HAS been a little better. I actually went to the grocery store and bought whatever I wanted to add to the house which was basically fruit and some random snacks from "the bins" at Winco. I felt so free...lame I know. And then yesterday I took the boys and got Jordan's 18 month pictures at JC Pennys. AND, for another positive, it is SO nice to have Darren and Josh here, Justin LOVES them and helped them work in the yard yesterday and then Darren took Justin swimming. They really are so great. So it's not all bad.

If you are still reading now, you are one of my good friends and I love you! I needed to get all this out and I feel better. To be honest, I miss my Sactown friends, I'm struggling with my calling b/c I'm not there to go on visits or attend meetings, and I'm the WORST visiting teacher. Kinda hard to VT someone when you are only home for two or three days out of the week. I have no excuse for not calling them, but I always forget to bring my list... *sigh*

So PRAY FOR US! We still have a small chance of getting this loan that we really want, I do believe in miracles and think we have a chance. We're praying for things to close QUICKLY so we can get into this house ASAP!!! LOL, Heidi, I'm sure this is NOT what you were wanting, my life struggles, but for now, this is my life! LOVE YOU!

12 comments:

Kristin Jones said...

Wow, She! Hang in there...I'll try and give you a call later!!!

HeidiAnn said...

THAT IS TOTALLY WHAT I WANTED!! I LOVE YOU SHEILA!! You are doing so great and I am sure you are handling it all better than you make it sound. Staying with you for that week was just further proof to me that you are wonderful and amazing and patient and faithful and SO MUCH FUN! :) Don't feel bad about the visiting teaching either you silly girl. Do your best (you already are) and things will always work out and people will understand. Just the fact that you are even thinking about visiting teaching during this difficult time says something great about your character. Most people would not even realize it isn't getting done . . . believe me . . I know people like that. :) K, I LOVE you and thank you for the update. You will get YOUR house. LOVE YOU!

Amber Brown said...

Sheila, seriously I don't know how you do so many things. You are amazing!! I would go INSANE in your situation and be whining and complaining probably all day long. It will work out, you will get your house, you guys deserve all of that stuff and you will so GET It and get back to normalcy. I know it!!! Do whatever little things you need to do to get through the day and have a little freedom. It's worth it. I know when I'm going nuts because I'm stressed out or dealing with my brother or whatever getting out and doing what I WANT to do even if just for a little while becomes a HUGE deal. I LOVE YOU!!!

The Alts Family said...

Wow Shiela...SO much going on. Congrats on being Prego!!!! That's so exciting. And a home...that is just thrilling! You guys deserve all the happiness in the world. Sorry that things are so overwhelming...wish I could give you a hug. Just make sure to take every day as it comes instead of trying to look at everything all at once...it just gets overwhelming that way. =)I love to you death...you're the best!

The Phipps said...

Sheila! Good luck with everything- I can sympathize with you. Life gets crazy but it's nice when things get settled and you appreciate it all the more. Good luck with the pregnancy too! My mom is here and has been filling me in on what's going on with you- I was so surprised when she said you were pregnant- for some reason I was thinking your "baby" was only a couple of months old still! Time flies :)

Nick and Cristina Anderson said...

Oh Sheila! I feel for you! And we miss you like crazy here! I was sad I didn't get to visit much with you on Sunday. :( But I hope for your sanity you get that house soon! Even if that means loosing you earlier! Miss you and the boys!

Kari said...

I love you Sheila!! Just take a deep breath and take it one day at a time!! "This too shall pass"!! You are AMAZING!! We need some girl time together for sure!! Can't wait to hang with you this weekend! Love you!

The Riddle Family said...

Would it be bad if we prayed for things not to go through so you can stay here a little longer? We are going to miss you tons and do hope that everything works out. Having a house is going to be great. Craig and I hope to not be too far behind you guys in that department, but we shall see. SO hang in there and please let me know if I can help with anything! It's hard to get a hold of you lately and I want to help as much as I can. Nolan is going to miss Justin and Jordan so much. They are two of the only kids that don't cry when Nolan tackles them. Hope to see you soon!

Brian and Lori Faulconer said...

LETS DO SOMETHING! I'll meet you halfway one of these long weekdays and we can hang out!

Angela said...

Sheila, so glad to hear an update, even though you're struggling! Life's full of opposites, and with it being THIS ROUGH now, that much better will the GREAT be later! I can't imagine doing what you're doing with two little boys and a little girl on the way {crossing fingers with a grin!} I know words don't make it better, but I'm thinking of you and praying for you. And I was so glad to hear that I was one of your good friends and that you love me... you know, cause I read it all. It made me smile! Love you! Take care of your self and don't sweat the little things... and even the medium sized things that you just can't be expected to do right now, and no one does! =)

The Garner Family said...

So good to get an update! I'm excited for the good things that are happening to your family! I'm coming out September 6-18 and would love to see you. Let me know if it will work out.

Trevor and Liz Covington said...

Just catching up on old blog posts! Sorry to hear about the house... everyone keeps telling me buying your first place is the most stressful thing you'll ever do! Good luck!!