Imperial Beach

Imperial Beach

September 16, 2009

Really?? 28??

Yes, I AM 28!! Holy cow! I swear, up until this birthday I have felt stuck at 18. I'm not sure if it was this birthday or if it is just everything that is going on in my life right now, but I went from 18 to 28 over night and actually FEEL different. I'm sure most of it is all the drama in my life and all the spiritual strength I've received recently, but the 18 year old mindset is totally gone...I'm in full mom/wife mode and LOVE IT! SO HERE'S TO 28!!!

I just have to thank my family for making me feel SO SPECIAL on my birthday. Jeff and I realized as I've been putting together family photo books for each year, that nobody ever takes pictures of me on my birthday. We always forget the camera or something, so this year we decided to document it all through photos. Sorry for all the pics of ME, but that's why.
Laminator/book maker from mom and dad!!! --AMAZING!!


A new purse from my honey, the diaper bag HAD to go!

A homemade apron from Kari and favorite soaps.

Tupperware sectioned platter thing from the boys.
Jeff's family also threw me a party to celebrate and it was so nice. I got a super cute hat from Eric and Jenny--Jenny, that whole day with you was so great! Some scrapbook paper, a movie and a game!! You are the best!

16 comments:

Kari said...

Yay! I'm glad we remembered to pull out the camera and I'm glad you guys came to our house to celebrate! You are the best Sheila!! It is funny though how all of a sudden we start to finally feel our age. I think it is totally hitting me this year too!! Love you sis!!

Amber Brown said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I'm so sorry I'm eight days late!! What a bad friend!! I have no excuse!! I'm also sorry I didn't answer the phone last night---cory and I were at our first movie in like three months and I missed it--I LOVE YOU!! I hope things are going better and that you had a WONDERFUL birthday!!

the hobbs family said...

Happy Birthday Sheila! I know we are late, but... its the thought that counts right?! :) i hope you had an amazing birthday!! We love you so much <3

The Hockmans said...

We're old women now. But I bet when we look back when we are 40 we will laugh cause we were so young! I hope all is going well, miss you always!! Happy Birthday, Love!

Kristin Jones said...

I'm glad we talked last week...we still have some catching up to do. That was too quick!!! Glad you were able to celebrate! Love you!!

The Andersons said...

Ok, that cake looks really yummy. I want some!

The Riddle Family said...

Super cute purse!

The Phipps said...

Happy B-Day Sheila! You look great!

Scott & Annie said...

Yay! Happy Birthday! Love you!

Angela said...

Love seeing a post all about YOU! =) Those are some awesome gifts. Tell your mom and dad, and all the others that my birthday is Feb. 12, and those things will be just great! Love you!

Jared and Erin said...

Happy Birthday. And I agree with you on that one - 28 must be the magic number to make you finally feel old. Plus - in my early 20s, young guys would occasionally stop and smile and that's been gone for at least 5 years now! So I know I must be getting old. It's kind of a relief, really, now I can look in the mirror and think I look like I should be a mother!!:)

Dan and Katherine Miller said...

I want an apron. :) I love the material. I used that same stuff to make my friends nursing cover. SO CUTE!!

Brian and Lori Faulconer said...

Happy Birthday! 28 and 18 are not really that different anyway... except for the whole adult responsibility thing. I hope you had an awesome day!

HeidiAnn said...

I totally just realized why you thought my family was commenting on your blog. Funny. MISS YOU!! Oh and I with Ang . .. could you tell everyone my birthday is November 14th?? :O)

sherrie said...

looks like a fun bday you old lady! haha jk :)

Bec, Tim and Boys said...

Happy late birthday! I'm glad you took pictures of you! Our blogs do get filled up with pics of our cute kids, huh? I know what you mean about finally feeling your age... I've started feeling that way too, just this year! I've noticed I'm finally looking old enough to have kids, you know, I don't look like a "teen mom" any more. But I'm ready to move on and grow up a little!

So sorry about the house... any new prospects?? Keep us posted, I love hearing about what you are up to!