Imperial Beach

Imperial Beach

October 21, 2009

My cup is full!

My heart is so full as I sit and think about the past month and a half of my life. The Lord has blessed my life in so many unique ways and has truly made me a different and better person. My understanding of the eternities has broadened and my testimony of the Plan of Salvation has solidified. It's amazing how much the Lord loves us and how trials make us stronger and bring us closer to our Father in Heaven.

On August 31st I posted that we found out that the builder would not accept our new offer and that it was over, we were done. I was sure this was the worst thing that could happen to me. Later that day Jeff and I found out that we had lost our baby girl. I was 18 wks pregnant. Surely our perspective on life changed rapidly. Everything that had just meant so much before, eternally, meant nothing. We were humbled and amazed at the love our Father showed us and at the amazing comfort we both received. We know without a doubt that we have a daughter, perfect, waiting for us to raise her in the eternities. I'm so grateful for that knowledge, for the comfort of the Spirit, and for an amazing and supportive husband who has been my rock through this emotional time. I'm so grateful for eternal families.

About a week later, after putting a new offer on another home, we were informed that the builder wanted to work with us again and make us a deal. We accepted, and on Friday the 9th of October, we moved in to our new house!! It is still very surreal for me and Jeff, and we could not be happier!! SO, we're here in Riverbank, finally a family on our own again, and we are getting settled!! Come and visit! We'd love to have you!!!

The boys driving the UHAUL

The kitchen...obviously not how it looks today, I'll post better pics after I take some.

The Living Room, also not how it looks today...

WE HAVE A BACKYARD!!! Jordan lives out here, he loves it.

Our home!! I cannot believe we're homeowners!

18 comments:

Abby Hanson said...

Just sent you an email Sheila. Love you!

Small and Simple said...

Wow, what an emotional time. I'm so sorry about your loss, I don't know what is going on right now, but it seems like a lot of people are experiencing this. We just miscarried two days ago, we were eleven weeks. I like that your post was titled "my cup is full" keep that positive outlook, there is always more good in life than bad, but be patient with yourself too. I'm so excited about your house!! We want an invite to the "open house".

love you.
Stacie Rogers

The Hockmans said...

Sheila... I am so sorry for your loss. My mother told me a few weeks ago after she talked to your mom, and I was devastated for the two of you. But you are absolutely right, God has a bigger and better plan for us and we just have to have faith in that. I am so happy for your new move and that things worked out for your little family. Thanks for sharing your trials with us so that we can learn to appreciate our own! Love you tons!
Janese

The Andersons said...

Glad something finally worked out! The house is beautiful!

sherrie said...

so sorry to hear about the loss of your little angel but what a comfort to know you'll meet her one day :)

we are so excited that you are in your new and beautiful home! we'll have to come and visit you once you are settled.

Brian and Lori Faulconer said...

I'm so sorry Sheila. I was moved to tears by your wonderful grateful attitude. You are, as always, such a good example to me!

Sarah said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your baby, but I'm glad that you have found peace in the gospel of Jesus Christ.
Good luck with your new house :)

Scott & Annie said...

OH MY GOSH! Sheila, it's awesome! I'm so happy for you. I've been checking every day for an update. So glad you posted this. You are such a great friend to me and everyone, and I love your attitude. You've been in our prayers!

HeidiAnn said...

You are an example to me too Sheila. Joseph always tells me, "Necessity Breeds Greatness," and I think you have exemplified that in your attitude through all that has gone on and in having the ability to see the good in all trials. You are a GREAT woman and example to many, but most importantly, you are paving a path for your boys to the Lord. You are a light.

Amy Beatty said...

Sheila!!! You are so amazing. What a positive light you are to the world. Your home is beautiful and huge. Glad you guys have such a cozy home.

Kristin Jones said...

I just showed Nick your house. He loved it, but his comment, "I miss California!" Oh geez.
Love you, She. So glad you're in your house finally!! I'll call you when I get back into town. Can't wait to hear about the move.

Brad and Amy said...

we are so sorry to hear of your loss- what a difficult time. but what a wonderful perspective you have. the gospel is such a blessing in times like those. but congrats on the house! it's hard living with parents/in-laws- we know and we didn't have kids when we did it! enjoy your new house!!

Brynn said...

I love you Sheila. You are an amazing example and such a rock. I am also really sorry for your loss. That is so hard!!

And your house is amazing and so great. I'm glad there are so many blessings coming your way at such a hard time. I love you! Thanks for being you and for sharing you with me! :)

Angela said...

It's so good of you to share your experience, as I know it will be help to many now, and in the future. You've definitely handled your situations with so much grace and strength and that will be something other people who are struggling will be able to remember and turn to.
Your house is so beautiful and I can't wait to see more pictures. The kids must love it, having a place of their own. And it looks so open and spacious. We'll definitely have to visit one of these days! =)

Together We Save said...

Such an emotional time for you. So glad you are home owners now. That is exciting but even more exciting is how you put your faith in God to see you thru these hard times.

The Riddle Family said...

I think we missed you by one week. We went to Apple Hill on the 17th.That would have been so fun to have seen you there! Can't wait to see your new house. Your kitchen looks bigger than our whole downstairs!!!

Shanda said...

HOLY COW SHEILA! You guys have been through some crazy stuff! I'm glad you're in a house and LOVING IT! :)

I'm SO GLAD I checked your blog- I hope you're doing okay. It sounds like you have a great perspective, but that doesn't mean there still aren't hard days. I lost our girl at 18 weeks in February... But now I'm pregnant again and I know that the Lord's plan is ALWAYS better than my own. Even when it's hard. He's so brilliant, and I SO trust in that. I love you so much! I hope all is going well- truly, know how you feel... LOVE YOU!!!!

Trevor and Liz Covington said...

i don't know how I got so behind on your blog! I think I lost the link when I had all my blog problems! I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of the baby! It is so hard because you really are so emotionally attached from the beginning! I appreciate your faith and positive attitude.. it really is inspiring!! Thanks for all the well wishes for our baby... girls are soo sweet! Best of luck w/the new home and all the wonderful new adventures waiting for you guys.. and I am seriously going to get on the coupon blog.. you're scoring big!!! Take care.. love, Liz