Imperial Beach

Imperial Beach

January 22, 2010

I guess it's just the simple things

...that make you smile! Like two boys actually PLAYING NICE TOGETHER without screaming or teasing! (sigh) So NICE!






We've had a good month, Jordan is turning 2 next Saturday! I can hardly believe my baby is almost two. So much has happened in two years. We've moved twice already in Jordan's short life, but they seem to be pretty comfortable where we are and we think we'll stick around here for a while ;0) Speaking of our new place, for those of you who wanted to come but might never get around to it, I thought I'd post some pictures of our place:



(I took these pictures right before our open house, there's the food for the party)







That's basically downstairs: to the left of that recliner is a hall with a bunch of doors. One is the laundry room, one is a bedroom and bathroom, one is a hall closet, one is a small open room that we put our food storage in. At the end of the hall is our garage. Upstairs is four bedrooms, two bathrooms and a hall linen closet. That big open space above the fireplace is supposed to be for our big flat screen tv...riiiiiiight. Maybe someday! Maybe we'll get a new TV when we get cable. For now, our rabbit ears get the best reception right by the window, so that's where the TV will be for a while!!

So the offer still stands if you'd like to come visit!!

10 comments:

Alena said...

I used to have a hot pink barbie corvette kinda like the one your boys have, except theirs looks cooler and faster.

I'm loving the pictures of the house. I'm so glad that you guys got it. The only down side is that we miss seeing you around. I guess we'll just have to make a trip down there sometime.

Kari said...

We miss you guys!! I feel like it's been forever! I love how nicely they are playing and I especially love the hot pink Barbie car right next to them. Hahah!! Great pics of your home! And I can't believe Jordan is turning two already!! Where does the time go?! Can't wait to see you guys next weekend! Love you sis!!

Jeff and Sheila Capell said...

That Barbie car was mine from when I was growing up! It's probably THE only girl toy we will ever own!!!

Angela said...

Is it just me or are those perfect rows of vacuum lines in your carpet?? =) Whenever I vacuum it takes about 10 minutes for it to look like I haven't touched the carpet in weeks.

I love seeing those pictures of Justin and Jordan on your wall! I feel like there's a little piece of me there! =) Hopefully you think of it that way too. We will have to seriously consider a time to come out there. Maybe this summer!? As for now we're planning for people coming into town in Feb. and then us going to VA in April. So it will have to be after that. But it sure would be fun!! Love you!

Jeff and Sheila Capell said...

LOL Angela!! I think the vacuuming comes from working custodial at BYU at 4am...they were kinda particular and I guess it stuck!! I'm lucky if I can get it to stay like that for 10 min!! Only if it's naptime!!

Shaun and Kelli Stracener said...

SO CUTE SHEILA! I LOVE IT! I wish I come over and see your house! By the way, LOVE pink barbie car! I'm so happy for you to finally get your house. It's soo beautiful. I hope the the next time we are in town we can come see you!! LOVE YOU!

The Nelsons said...

what a lovely place!!! love ya!

HeidiAnn said...

Sheila!! YOUR HOUSE!!!! I can't wait to come see it for real someday . . . ah . .. someday. I LOVE the PERFECT vacuuming lines on the beautiful carpet. How did you get them so flipping straight anyway?!?! I LOVE that you have SO many bedrooms and a big play area. I LOVE that you have a HUGE kitchen with an island. I LOVE IT ALL!! Your boys are so cute and seriously, isn't is great when they play together. It always makes me soooo happy when my kids show love to each other. If only they could understand the JOY that that brings to a mother. :) I love you and miss you. Oh and Jordan is almost 2?! What?! When did that happen??

Ryan and Adrienne Johnson said...

Your house is so cute!! I miss my house in Idaho, but I'm so happy to be coming back to the Bay! My dad lives in Modesto, and some friends from high school are in that area too, so we will definitely have to get together! I'd love to see your kids. I think the last time I saw you, you had just gotten married. It's been sooooo long!!! I'll keep in touch, are you on facebook??

Kristin Jones said...

Love the house pictures, She!! Wish I could come out and see it for real.