Imperial Beach

Imperial Beach

February 9, 2010

Jordan's 2nd Birthday

Well, my baby is TWO!! Little JT is quite the two year these days too...he's talking so much and is REALLY testing mom and dad with his screams!!! (wink) He's really good at his pursed lips pout too, it's actually kinda funny. I do it back to him and he says "Stop Mommy, STOP!" Tonight we were reading the scriptures as a family and he decided it was "MY tourn" so he copied me word for word as we read a verse in Jacob. (It was one of my favorite mommy moments). Justin has just started doing this about 4 months ago and I guess Jordan decided he wanted in on that action too!!

So here's some highlights from Jordan's 2nd birthday:

THE CAKE! Choo Choo Jordan is 2!!! (This was a looooong night!)

THE PRESENTS!


Grandma Capell made a PUPPET SHOW!!--- this is probably one of the cutest things I have ever seen!! You put two pressure rods through the top and middle and it hangs in a doorway! SO CUTE!! I have a feeling this will get a LOT of love over the years!!!
BLOWING OUT THE CANDLES

Jordan was good at this year. Two is such a fun birthday! Jordan totally knew it was his special day. WE love this kid!




One of his favorite toys-ninga guys! Who woulda thought?


And, I couldn't resist one of the proud parents! (make-up woulda been a good idea today, not sure WHAT I was thinking!!!)
Oh yeah, then later that night right before bed we decided to have a little family photo shoot in our kitchen...on the table!!!




Justin thought he was so funny with all his faces. He LOVED seeing what he looked like after the picture took.

12 comments:

Amber Brown said...

You guys are seriously the funnest parents ever--I so wish we lived closer so we could get our kids together like everyday :) and that cake is AMAZING!!!! I love the cookie train wheels--HAPPY BIRTHDAY JORDAN!!!!

Shaun and Kelli Stracener said...

Oh I completely agree, so fun! Look at that awesome train cake! I love it!!! Way to go MOM!Happy Birthday Jordan, you are so adorable!!!

Kamie said...

Happy Birthday Jordan! I love the family pics at the end...too funny!

HeidiAnn said...

I love it Sheila! I especially love the family photo shoot. It makes me want to do that with my family. SO FUN! I cannot believe that CAKE!!! How did you do it? I really want to know for future reference please? Seriously. You are so creative. HE is so cute and I love how focused he looks when he is blowing out his candles.

Natalie said...

Darren and I LOVE these pictures! We wish we could've been there for Jordy's day. Miss you guys!

Holly said...

How cute--family photo shoot. I love the kissing one with your kids looking so bored!

Scott & Annie said...

Oh my heck, Sheila, what's up with you and your awesome cakes? I love them! I can't believe he's 2, I feel like it was 8 months ago when you were sitting in my kitchen pregnant with him. Glad you guys had such a fun day!

sherrie said...

love your cake. you'll have to show me the puppet gift that sherry made. sounds like a must have :)

Kari said...

I love Jordan! He is such a cutie! We had so much fun with you guys that weekend! The party turned out so fun and Jordan seemed to really know that it was his special day... I loved it! Okay and LOVE those cute family shots at the end! How fun!

Bec, Tim and Boys said...

That cake is the most amazing cake EVER!!! How did you even do that?? How LONG did that take? You are such a fun mom!! I can't believe your BABY is 2! Wow, that went by so fast!

Brian and Lori Faulconer said...

I LOVE that picture of you and Jeff making out and the kids looking bored. I would blow that up and frame it!!!!

Angela said...

So cute! I love the cake and the boy in front that totally looks like Jordan! And who needs makeup when you're THAT hot!?! i love your FAMILY sign in your kitchen! Very cute. ANd of course the photo shoot is perfect! Happy Birthday Jordan. Maybe we will see you in your 2nd year (or I guess it's his 3rd year)! =)