Imperial Beach

Imperial Beach

April 21, 2010

My life in Riverbank

I have to just write how I'm feeling today...

I was driving home from a play date over at a girl in my wards house, Becca. As I was driving home I was literally floating, you know the feeling when you are just super duper happy and things are going good for the moment and you just feel so great??

Let me explain a little more: You know how when you move to a new place it always takes some awkward time to "adjust"...get to know people, they get to know you, etc. (you know, till they can see how cool you REALLY are, Kari? Heidi? wink!) till you get to a "comfortable" phase that looses the awkwardness. Well, I'm happy to report that I think I'm finally "there"! WHEW!

The girls in my ward, and there's a pretty big group of girls my age, are really great about doing stuff. They send out a txt and everyone knows what's going on, so if you want to go you just do. Well, since Jeff and I are pretty much the only people I know that still have rabbit ears and a converter box for our TV, we of course do not have txt messaging either. So, needless to say I don't get any of the txts. SO these great girls go out of their way to shoot txtless Sheila a personal phone call (I know nice, right??) Well, I just had to say that I'm super happy right now, I got to hold Becca's twins today, hung out with about 8 of the nicest girls and my boys had a blast playing with the gazillion kids that were there. I've got a babysitting swap thing going and people coming for dinner on Sunday. It's just nice to finally feel settled and part of something again. So for the days like yesterday that seem never ending, there's always tomorrow that will hopefully get you through!

10 comments:

The Andersons said...

NO! You are supposed to hate it there and then move back! LOL! Glad you are getting comfortable in your new home. I don't know what I am going to do when Rachel moves.

Kari said...

Yay! I'm so happy for you Sheila! I knew it would just take some time. it does make all the difference when you feel like you are part of something and have a great group of friends. I'm sure you're loving your new van too!! That makes things better for sure!!

Kari said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kristin Jones said...

So happy!! I'm glad things are working out. Love you!

THE HAGES said...

Sheila, I am so happy you found a Kari! (Or a really fun group of girls!) It is so nice to have people to talk to and relate with. Oh and next time you come to Lincoln we need to get together and talk coupons!

Jessica said...

That's great! I'm still in the somewhat awkward in my ward :-(

Brian and Lori Faulconer said...

So happy for you! (Of course, I'm really jealous that all these girls get "Sheila time", but I don't want you to stop floating!)

Bryan and Ashley said...

That feeling is one of the best. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who hates the opposite of that--you just have this natural ability to befriend people--I never would have guessed you had to go through it too.
Xoxo.

Scott & Annie said...

I am so glad, Sheila! I know it's almost like all of us who know you're so wonderful should have sent you out with a resume for the job of being a great friend:)

HeidiAnn said...

Okay, so I read this when you FIRST posted it, but for some reason didn't comment. I must have been multitasking or something. :) Anyway, I am sooo happy you are feeling at home there now. I loved the comment about me and Kari too. ;) I often think of how we all became friends. :) I miss you! Love you!