Imperial Beach

Imperial Beach

May 3, 2010

Daddy's Day Off!

Jeff works two out of three Saturdays and in return gets every Sunday off and then two out of three Mondays off as well. So I get kinda lucky with three day weekends (or so it seems) when Jeff has Mondays off.

And we're usually pretty productive.





Today we decided to clean out the garage. So all morning we took everything out of the garage and got it all ready to re-surface the floor and get that place organized! The boys had a picnic lunch on the floor (I guess they decided it was too hot to eat outside)

Then Grandpa Capell came over to steam clean the floor...thanks grandpa, we really appreciate your help!!
Next step is drying the floors (currently working on it) and painting the garage floor with that Epoxy stuff. I guess I'll update once we finish it all. Jeff is determined to hang his sports pennants and posters in the garage. I told him to have at it...who really goes in the garage right?? Whatever makes him happy ;0) He's pretty excited.

And of course who could resist a warm day with lots of grass to run around in?





And these are some older pictures from earlier in the month when I decided it was time to make cake, who doesn't love a little cake batter???

7 comments:

Kari said...

So fun! Miss you guys! Love you!

The Riddle Family said...

Fun! Fun! Fun!!! And productive too! Those days are the best!

HeidiAnn said...

I love Daddy's Day Off!!! everyone just looks soooo happy! Oh, and I AM jealous of your yard. No fair. I love that Jeff wants to decorate the garage with sports stuff. So Jeff. Love it! Also . . . sooooo . . . are you coming to DC to see us or what?!?! :)

Scott & Annie said...

I love those days too. But okay, back up, is that your Honda Odyssey in the driveway? If so, I can't believe I didn't hear about the momentous move to a minivan! We need to talk:)

Brian and Lori Faulconer said...

Mmmmm... Cake Batter.

Three day weekends are awesome. Every other T, W, Th Brian has a mid- week 3 day weekend. It almost makes it worth him working the next 7 DAYS STRAIGHT!!!

Kristin Jones said...

Who doesn't love a Daddy day off?! You're going to love your garage when it's all finished. Love the pics!

Angela said...

So fun! Your neighborhood looks so nice! And it's funny because I'm looking at Shawn right now and he's wearing almost the same thing as Justin in the pictures... swimsuit and shirt. haha
It was so good to talk to you the other night! Thanks for calling!! =)