Imperial Beach

Imperial Beach

September 4, 2010

gOOD dAY

Today was a good day. I woke up to this from Jeff:

And THAT started my day off really great. It's not my birthday till next Wed, the 8th, so this was even more unexpected. Jeff got these flowers from our garden. I got a little teary reading the card and Justin started rubbing my back and says, "It's okay mom, the flowers will grow back." ;0) He's such a good boy. After starting a load of laundry I checked the calendar to find that I had a volleyball game from 9-10!!! WAHOO! The boys were so good during the game and I don't think I stopped smiling for an hour straight. I LOVED playing today. That would have been a great day even if it ended there...

Next was a trip to Costco, where I found a bunch of 4 packs of these super cute puppets for 8 bucks! I couldn't pass them up, got 2 different sets to put away for b-days and Christmas for the boys to do puppet shows with!! OF course the frozen yogurt and churro that the boys and I shared was an added plus.

Came home. After lunch put Jordan down and almost decided to take a nap myself (that's been a more regular part of my day recently). INSTEAD, Justin and I:
DUSTED
VACUUMED THE WINDOW SEALS, BASEBOARDS, COUCHES, FLOORS and GARAGE
MOPPED THE KITCHEN
DEEP CLEANED THE DOWNSTAIRS BATHROOM
FINISHED AND FOLDED REST OF LAUNDRY
EMPTIED DISHWASHER

Honestly, after all that, my house really looks the same, which is why I hardly do many of those chores. Although, I have to say that I feel great- and knowing it's all clean is even better! It's only 3:44 right now and I guess we'll sit and watch and movie together since Justin has been asking me to pick a movie for us to watch together. Popcorn sounds good too.

6 comments:

Kari said...

What a GREAT DAY Sheila!! Seriously I can't believe you already did ALL that cleaning today! That's more than I've done and you know how I like to clean ;)!! haha! How sweet of Jeff to give you a little birthday surprise early too...he is always so thoughtful and what girl doesn't LOVE flowers and a sweet card!! Glad you've had a great Saturday...at least one of us has! I'll just say I am looking forward to getting out tonight and getting little break from the kiddos before starting the next 6 days without a hubby :( I am looking forward to seeing you guys tomorrow night and Monday though!! Love you!!

HeidiAnn said...

OK, so this freaked me out at first. I knew your bday wasn't until next Wednesday, but this made me nervous for a minute that I had missed it!! Jeff is so sweet to do that for you AND I love that it wasn't on your actual birthday! I love Justin . . . what a sweetie. I love you!

Amber Brown said...

hahaaa-Heidi--ME TOO!!! I was like..NO IT'S THE EIGTH...IT'S THE EIGHT...RIGHT??? That sounds awesome Sheila, I LOVE days when I can get lots done!!

Kristin Jones said...

What a productive day...you go girl!!

sherrie said...

i love your new family pics they are great

Angela said...

Mmmmmmmm, yogurt and churos!! =)
How sweet. I totally love what Justin did, rubbing his Mommy's back! I hope you're doing well! I love and miss you!