Imperial Beach

Imperial Beach

October 12, 2010

What we've been DOING!

I know, it's been a while since I updated...HOWEVER, we have been busy! Jeff's parents have a huge apple tree so I've been busy canning apple pie filling, applesauce, drying apples and baking with apples!! I successfully (with the help of my two great chefs) made my first apple dumplings!! They were super yummy and I'm very proud!



I spent the day with Kari for her 30th BIRTHDAY since I missed her girl's weekend and yes, there are 30 candles on that yummy cake her sister Kristin made her!!

The boys have been busy taking out our summer garden which was a huge hit this year. More tomatoes, zuccini, summer squash, strawberries and green bell peppers than we knew what to do with! That darn gofer ate most of our green beans, but we did still get some. And they've been planting our winter garden. We're looking forward to Butternut Squash, lettuce, peas, carrots, and PUMPKINS!!!


Jeff took his dad to a Giants game for his birthday this year and they went on a good night. They got Buster Posey shirts for free! Aren't they cute??? And by the way, in case you don't follow baseball, the Giants are NL West CHAMPS and just won their first series in the playoffs vs the Braves...GOOOO GIANTS!!!!


I threw Jeff a birthday party for HIS 30TH BIRTHDAY and it was really fun! I was up on my feet all day and all night...it was a lot of work! But a lot of fun and I think it was a great night.
We had a wonderful relaxing General Conference weekend. The boys loved their conference baskets (which I tried to not do this year b/c I was just too tired to do it) but Justin INSISTED that he and Jordan NEEDED their baskets...so I made myself do it and was happy with the end results. So were they!


I also had a baby shower in Sacramento that was SO GREAT thrown by my good friends Rachel and Jessica...THANK YOU GIRLS!! I LOVE AND MISS YOU!!! My fav. part was getting to see so many familiar faces that I've been missing for this past year! There was so much pink, I felt so excited that I get to actually put these things ON MY BABY!!! 7 weeks and counting down...
My sister in law Jenny MADE this adorable pink and brown super soft blanket...I LOVE IT!!!
And this blanket is from my sweet mother! It turned out even better than I had pictured in my head, I LOVE IT TOO!!
And so my brother and Kari are having...A GIRL!! so here are the little girl cousins, kickin' it together before they are born!!! Kari is due end of Feb.!! YAY for GIRLS!!
And that takes us to present time...

I'm planning our DISNEYLAND trip for Justin's 5th b-day!!! We're also taking the boys to Medieval Times for dinner and the tournament while we are down there!! I CANNOT WAIT!

Just finished canning 12 huge jars of pears for my first time (they also turned out great thanks to some great instructions from my mom)

I'm swelling...it's officially began and it's VERY DEPRESSING. My ankles and feet tingle all the time now, and seriously look like I have elephantiasis, I swear. NOT so sure how two days at Disney are going to go over, plus the car ride there and back...but I'm thinking I'll live. I told Jeff I'm gonna get stretch marks on my ankles...is that possible???

Oh and I've gotten back in to couponing the past few weeks and am LOVING it all over again. I heart Rite Aid.

7 comments:

Kari said...

WOW! Holy pictures and updates! You're amazing Sheila!! From the apples, to coming all the way to my house for my birthday, to throwing an awesome party for Jeff, and making conference baskets...pretty sure you deserve MOM OF THE YEAR award!!! I love you and hope to someday have all the energy and ambition to be a better mom like you!!!

The Andersons said...

I was so excited to have your shower at MY house! LOL! It was so good to see you.

Heidi Miller said...

No wonder you haven't blogged!!! Sheesh. First of all, this post made me REALLY HUNGRY!!! Second of all, you look soo good!! Third, I want to do Conference baskets next time. Fourth, I can't believe you did all that for Jeff's birthday while 7 months prego. I wish I lived by you so you could teach me how to plant a garden, can things, make things, etc, etc. I miss you SO much!!

Scott & Annie said...

Yay! So good to see all you're doing. What a great shower! I can't believe it's only 7 weeks!

Kristin Jones said...

You have been so busy!! Love the updates! You're so great...parties, applesauce, garden, conference baskets...you're amazing!
Can't wait to hear about your disney trip...just thinking about it MIGHT gear me up to go again. ;)

The Howards said...

Canning and baskets parties and showers!?! You are moving it girl! Way to go! Wish I was that productive. Can't wait to see your baby girl via internet!

Heidi Miller said...

Okay, so I know I already commented on this post, but I forgot to tell you how hard I laughed when I clicked on your link to Elephantitis. :) Hahahahaha I miss you.