Imperial Beach

Imperial Beach

December 20, 2010

Provo Tabernacle burns...yet...

My friend Ashley Phipps had this on her blog and I thought she said it perfectly:

The Provo tabernacle burned down last weekend. It was a beautiful pioneer building from the 1800's. After the firefighters were able to go into the destroyed building they found this painting...

ksl.com - Provo firefighters still fighting tabernacle fire (Gallery Viewer)


What a beautiful reminder that our Savior, Jesus Christ, is always there; His light always giving hope amongst tragedy. I am so grateful, especially during this Christmas season, to know of our Savior's birth and perfect life. I am filled with gratitude that he willingly came into this world in the humblest of circumstances and descended below it all for each of us. As awful as losing this building is, what an incredible reminder of our Savior during this season of his birth.

2 comments:

Amber Brown said...

That's so sad about the tabernacle. I've got lots of good memories of singing there in the choir, or watching choirs, or hitting my neon into a post in the parking garage:) I love the story about the picture of Christ! Thanks for sharing!!

Jeff and Sheila Capell said...

I know Amber, I totally have those memories!! LOL about the pink neon!