Imperial Beach

Imperial Beach

July 7, 2011

My first Trauma

Justin cracked his head open on our entry way tile...it was very, very traumatic for me...blood everywhere. Inside I was dying, I don't do well with this type of thing, but on the outside I was totally calm and controlled and as I was calming my HYSTERICAL child down, it was actually very calming for me!
I was upstairs feeding Hailey and putting her down for her nap when Jordan came in telling me that "something was really wrong with Justin's head"...as the door opened and Jordan walked in, I heard the screams and rushed out to find Justin at the top of our stairs with blood dripping everywhere. I just kept telling myself, "Head wounds bleed the most. Head wounds bleed the most." I got him stripped down and in my bath, calmed down and cleaned up so I could see what the damage was. I was really hoping to save a trip to the ER, but no such luck. It would not stop bleeding and he had two holes in his head. I slapped a maxi pad on there and wrapped it with medical tape...put Jordan down for his nap and off the to the ER we went. Jeff came down to join us (so nice that he works at the hospital)...two staples and 2 1/2 hours later, we were done and on our way home. I have a feeling we'll have a few more of these trips with my vertically unstable children! ;0)

1 comment:

Heidi Miller said...

Of course you were brave! Head wounds are SO scary! Poor little guy. How did he do with getting the staples? Ouch!