Imperial Beach

Imperial Beach

February 27, 2012

Closing a HUGE Chapter...

 It's a sad sad sad day.  I'll never get to sit on these stairs again.  BOO.  My parents sold their house, the house that I have every single childhood memory in. I think I'm doing surprisingly good, no tears, we're just moving on. So I went up this weekend and helped my mom and dad make their "last trip" up to the house.  I took a bunch of pictures out on the deck and around the house.  It's so empty so I didn't really want too many of those pictures, so I just focused on the outside.  I had my dream wedding reception here, many many sleepovers, family basketball games (mom's defense was the best!), hide and seek in the dark, campouts on the lawn and trampoline, and so much more.  My kids got a taste of my childhood every time we came up here and I loved that.  I'm sad our next baby will never even have gotten to see it.  But I'm convinced if you don't live in the now with the future in sight, you loose precious time that could have otherwise been enjoyed.  So, we begin making new memories in Placerville (and I'm NOT going to complain with a 20 min shorter trip from Modesto! SO NICE!) Mom and I have been trying to think of all the positives to the move, and their new little house is just perfect for them and still great for the grandkids which I know was a must when the search began.  I started helping mom unpack until we just couldn't do any more (I pooped out probably way before she would have, but I still had to drive home).  It's hard to close such a large chapter in life, but as long as you have your family, it's all just geographics, right?? 











5 comments:

Kari said...

I'm so glad you did this post and took those pictures!! And I know it's been sad for me so I can't imagine how it feels for you having grown up there :( But, good job on having a positive attitude and making the best of it! Change can be hard but also good. The hardest thing is how much I know my kids are going to miss it!! :(

Heidi Miller said...

Ummm, yeah, that is totally depressing. I have only been to your parents house 3 or 4 times, but it has always been THE best of times and even I have so many memories there it makes me sad I'll never be back. But, you are right. On to new adventures! I am proud of you for handling it so well.

Sarah said...

I hated moving away from the house that I loved. I went back by myself in the middle of the night before the new people moved in and just walked around for a while. I still tell myself that I will buy it back someday :)
Where are your parents now? What part of Pville?

Amber Brown said...

This makes me soooo sad too Sheila!!! Your parents house was always such a fun place--and seriously THE BEST WEDDING RECEPTION EVER :) I'm so glad I got to visit a few times and even bring Harrison. At the end of the day though it was your parents that made it awesome and I'm sure the new place will be special too, granda and grandpa's house always is! Love you!!!

Kristin Jones said...

So glad that you thought to take lots of great pictures before they moved. So sad, but you'll always have the memories!!!